Arrive Alive Guarantee
Once your Desktop Jellyfish Tank is set up, you can order your live jellyfish from our website to be shipped right to your door. If you ordered a jelly kit, your account will already have credit for the jellyfish, food and shipping when you log in. Our flat rate for overnight shipping of live and frozen items is $34.
We offer an Arrive Alive Guarantee for two days on our jellyfish livestock. We guarantee jellyfish that leave our facilities will ARRIVE ALIVE at its destination and will STAY ALIVE for at least 48 hours with few exceptions. If your purchase does not arrive alive or if it expires within 48 hours of receiving it, we will replace it for FREE (excluding shipping). The following conditions must apply:
- You must take delivery of your order upon its arrival day and acclimate it to the tank that day.
- Aquarist must acclimate the new arrivals according to our Acclimation Procedures even if they appear to be lifeless. Many times specimens that may look lifeless will frequently recover within minutes when properly acclimated. Improper care and not following the directions fully will void this warranty.
- Tap water cannot have been used in the tank. Jellyfish require salt water that has been made from distilled water or passed through a reverse osmosis filter.
- Delivery must be in the contiguous United States.
- If your package is delivered at least one day late due to shipping delays, please contact the shipping company to file a late delivery claim claim. Jellyfish Art uses FedEx Express for all domestic shipments and they can be reached at fedex.com or 1 800 GO FEDEX . Please feel free to contact Jellyfish Art to help process these claims.
- You must have purchased a Jellyfish Art tank in order to have your jellyfish shipment fall under the Arrive Alive guarantee. Jellyfish require special tanks designed specifically for jellyfish and Jellyfish Art cannot be held responsible for jellyfish placed in incorrectly designed tanks.
If You Suffer A Loss of Jellyfish:
File a claim with Jellyfish Art immediately. A form can be received by e-mailing email@example.com.
Claims must be completed not more than 2 days after receiving jellyfish.
Jellyfish Art will replace the specimen or provide livestock credit for the amount of the purchase price.
Replacements are subject to availability.
Sorry, credit cards cannot be refunded for lost jellyfish. Shipping charges for replacement fish are the responsibility of the customer. Jellyfish Art does not pay shipping on replacement fish.
Hermit Crabs / Cleaner Snails:
In the event that a hermit crab or cleaner snail is dead on arrival or missing from your order Jellyfish Art will refund you the full cost of the item or provide store credit for the item(s), whichever you prefer. Shipping cost will NOT be covered or refunded.
Note this policy was updated on April 5th, 2012.
Jellyfish are shipped in sealed plastic bags inside insulated shipping boxes. They ship via FedEx Overnight Express to your door and remain perfectly healthy in their shipping containers for up to 36 hours so you have until the end of the arrival day to acclimate them to their tank. All jellyfish orders contain live rock, which jump starts the biological filtration process in your tank, making time-consuming cycling unnecessary. You can schedule the arrival date of your jellyfish to your convenience using our scheduler once your tank is up and running with water.
We cannot ship jellyfish to Hawaii, PO Boxes, Puerto Rico, other U.S. Territories, or other countries, except for orders to distributors. We do ship tanks and dry goods worldwide. Please see our international orders page for more details.
The entire aquarium industry is built on shipping live marine specimens all over the world, so our shipping methods are built on processes that have been perfected over decades. Since we specialize in jellyfish, we have customized our shipping methods to work specifically for jellyfish. Please be aware that we are selling live animals who grow and shrink according to their environmental conditions. Sizing is approximate to what we have in stock and we do not refund money based on size.